Sunday, February 10, 2013

An Update

Last post was specifically dedicated to Christmas, since I felt that it was an important subject in and of itself. But what has happened since then? The holidays were almost two months ago, and February is halfway over. To be honest, not much. It seems like with each update I haven't much to report other than "Well, I'm sick. Let me tell you about it."

This is no different. Yep, I'm sick again. Looking back, not more than two weeks has past without me contracting some new ailment. That's the downside of working with young kids. You are exposed to practically everything. Almost all the staff was sick last week, and they have passed it on to me.

It is putting a damper on things, since my apartment converts into a war zone throughout the week and I usually spend the weekends reorganizing it. I haven't really got the energy to wash the dishes (OK--this may be an exaggeration. I just really hate washing dishes and will find any excuse not to) or cook dinner. I've either eaten out or resorted to cookies. Really, it's a wonder how I get so sick with such a healthy diet. Not to mention I've been trying to start jogging again and I can never form a routine before getting ill again. Bah.

Yet even with my constant state of disease, I don't have as much to complain about these days (OK--also not true. I complain way too much about insignificant things). I like my job. Working with kids, as germy as they may be, gives me a sense of accomplishment. I've also been getting more private classes, which has made me incredibly busy but is a good source of income. I've also finally reached a place where I feel more comfortable in this apartment. Granted, it still could use some improvements but I can live in what is more or less an organized chaos. I'm really looking forward to the spring when the weather is good again and we can enjoy our terrace.

In addition, my social life is finally coming together. I've started going to intercambios, and it's been a good resource for meeting new people and branching out. It's nice to have weekend plans for once. I suppose next is to meet more Spanish people, but poco a poco.

Time to curl up with a cup of tea and some cough syrup.


No comments:

Post a Comment